Thursday, December 24, 2009

Year today, gone tomor. . . ugh.

So here it is. . . December 24th 2009. It was strange to think where I was a year ago at this date.

A year can change quite a bit in a person's life. It is quite strange to think a year ago I was at a sinking company in Salt Lake City Utah. Living in the snow covered grounds of West Valley City. Here I am today typing this in Hollywood California, looking out at the pee covered grounds of Los Angeles. Working at a solid company with more potential on the horizon. Quite a difference. I also happened to be married now, although that hasn't seemed to change much between the Mrs. and I. (She is still the most awesomest person I know, and will stay that way.)

I considered 2009 somewhat of an Empire Strikes Back sort of year. Sure some things went well, but there was lots of sacrifice, hardship, pain and bounty hunters. I feel like I lost more than I won, but sometimes a person needs that in their life. I learned quite a bit about trust, friends and working your ass off to make sure you get what you need to survive. I learned quite a bit of what not to do, and I hope to use that for the betterment of my future endeavors.

I say all this because 2010 will be more than a year of improvements, but a dedication to years even further in the future. If I have learned anything it's that there are plenty of people squandering what they have, and if they can get there, anyone can do the same. Here's to the next year and the years beyond.

Ill post a less prolific sounding update soon. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment