Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sensory Sweep History

These two articles were recently posted about my old job at Sensory Sweep Studios:

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/article-9896-sensory-sweep-shortchange.html
http://kotaku.com/5424949/back-pay-is-hell-and-utah-devs-still-arent-getting-any

In case you are curious what happened to the company I was at previously, there is quite the in depth look it its history in full. Many a shady deal was made there and it was a shame so many people were affected by this illegal behavior. I was actually warned by a former colleague "Just make sure you get a pay check while you are there." I laughed internally thinking "Pshhhh there is no way crap like that happens. That just happens on made for TV movies or whatever." Little did I realize that the owner had a sordid history in filing for bankruptcy to get out of paying taxes. Two years and six felony charges later, here I am owed thousands of dollars by the man who in fact, did not get me the amount of paychecks that I was owed.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I will never see the money I am owed, but its nice to know some people are writing about this and keeping the knowledge of it around.

On a positive note and a different company, I must say the project I am working on currently is coming along nicely and I am proud to say I am part of this game. Still can't say what it is because it has yet to be announced, but I dig it and I think others will as well. When it comes out I'll be sure to talk about the various parts I contributed to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment