Friday, March 6, 2009

Creative Ways to Die and Other News





Two updates:

One: I have a pen and paper design of the new Unreal Level.  I'll scan in all the images later but for now I have the quick picture of the chicken scratch I have been using to document ideas.  I have been working with Henry and we are going to mock up some more clearly defined ideas and blueprints.  (I'll do those in Sketchup and post em online too.)  After that he will get started on creating some art assets and meshes, while I do the white boxing for the level and rough scripting.  It's got all sorts of cool ways to use the level to kill opponents.  Dropping walkways into acid tanks, mechanized ship grinders, airlocks that suck them into space, raising acid tanks, and incinerator rooms that melt opponents.  (Complete with window so player's can watch their enemies melt to death.)  I'm pretty excited about this actually, I think it will be brutal.  Each room is represented in each image but are interconnected.  Two basement rooms and two ground level rooms.  

Two:  I asked to be laid off of work yesterday.  As odd as that sounds, the company didn't have money for paychecks and I couldn't wait any longer.  I needed some form of income and I couldn't wait any longer because I am months behind in payment.  I wish them nothing but the best and I hope they can pull out of this funk.  I know they have some plans but they will take weeks to be enacted and I just can't wait that long.  I am sure they will make some announcements sooner or later on what they plan on doing.  I was one of about six that left yesterday and I wish those that are staying the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment