Sunday, March 8, 2009

High Concept Level Map




I have done a SketchUp model of the map so Henry and I can establish a few things.  I wanted to get a nicer version of what I had drawn out in the previous post.  This can provide a 3D example of what I was trying to accomplish.  Layout and object placement are going to be discussed so we can make any modifications to the level before putting it in Unreal.  

Henry and I will also discuss art style and what needs to be achieved on the art end of things.  For example the acid bath tanks need to follow this general shape but it is up to Henry to create the awesome static meshes needed to create a gritty and corroded tank.  I have provided texture examples and photos of areas similar to what we are trying go for in the level.  For example think Terminator 2, Aliens, Predator and Battlestar Gallactica tones and moods.  We will start listing the necessary art assets to make this room look as brutal as we can.  

Next up is art asset discussion and then whiteboxing the environment.  When that happens I will post some pictures of the whitebox.  I may start scripting to make the lifts run, acid hurt the player, open doors, make crushers slam down and I need to work on a way to make the air lock suck the player out of the room into space. . .   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment