Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blogs you say?

Well hello there. Thanks for checking out my blog. I know I am one of the few people on the Internet to have one of these bad boys, so I feel rather privileged. Apparently you can also simulate faces by using the parenthesis and colon keys. :) Amazing.

Well anyway thanks for reading. I will try to keep this up to date with my video game happenings, video game news, opinions and general what-have-you regarding video games. That's right, what-have-you.

I hope everyone in the industry is at least keeping their head above water, or at least breaching the surface with their noses. It has been pretty rough the past 4 months or so for lots of people who make games. I know for me personally this whole recession stuff has not been that great. The company I work at, Sensory Sweep Studios, got hit pretty hard with the collapse of Brash Entertainment. We did the Tale of Despereaux game, which was supposed to be published by Brash until they went under. After avoiding some payments they promptly went into bankruptcy after claiming they were not going to do so anytime soon. It was like Kurt Cobain's publicist telling everyone that he had not blown his head off with a shotgun, when in fact he was already dead. Thankfully Atari picked the game up and, except for the 360 version, at least it is on the shelves. Other Devs were not so lucky. I know Factor 5 for example took a huge hit from them as well. (They were the people behind Lair, by the way.) I heard rumors of them doing a Superman game which would have been a great title for a Developer like them to create. I know numerous other studios were working on projects with Brash as well and are still feeling the hit from their retracted payments. I just hope everyone can recover quickfully and as painlessly as possible. During the holidays it is especially tough to recover so, best of luck to everyone.

On a sidenote, when will the punisher get a good movie? I mean come on this guy has years of backstory and all he gets is a headbutt to the nose everytime they try to make a movie regarding Frank Castle. Like Dolf Lungren? Not exactly the best start. The key to a good punisher movie is obviously excessive violence, but having a story is the most important thing. Lionsgate maybe should have looked at how Iron Man or Hulk were being created and followed suit.

Well thanks again for checking this out and check back frequently as I will have updates and what-have-you.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the Punisher is just way too bad ass to be captured on film. Like in the same way they could never pull of a Smurfs live action flick ... just too intense man ...

    ReplyDelete