Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting my read on. . .

MAN it has been forever since I have read any comics. I picked up Wolverine: Origin and the Marvel Zombies paperback bound collections. I may have to go back for more since I have been out of the loop for a while. I have to say it has been motivating me to get my draw on again.
From Blogger Pictures


I had a fairly good Christmas and Birthday here in sunny southern California. I can't say I am looking forward to going back to 17 degrees, but I am looking forward to a new year. I always try to look at every new year as a chance to label it as a year of _____. Change, winning, losing weight, etc. I try not to go with the usual trite resolutions but instead aim for something big. . . and I usually don't tell people what that something is either. I am far from a superstitious individual, but the two superstitions I hold onto firmly, are as follows:

1. Never get anything tattoo'd on you that you want to happen.
Take for example gentlemen who receive a tattoo of their spouses name and then "Forever". You know that crap ain't gonna last.

2. Never tell large amounts of people what you REALLY REALLY want to happen. Through the science of superstition, I have discovered that indeed your plans will be thwarted if you tell everyone want you want to happen. I still have yet to see a Viking, a Velociraptor and Uncle Jessie from Full House fight to the death on the moon. Why? Because I told everyone about it.

Case in point. . . I am not saying what the goal of the year is kids. That is for me to fight for and you to find out. :D

I also finally got around to picking up the new Unearth album for 70% off retail price. (Downloading is again taking the life of another retailer's hopes of making money. Virgin Mega Store, we hardly knew ye.) It is a fairly solid metal album, but I am bummed the last drummer left the band because he was a drumming phenom. If you want some music that makes you feel like you are a 12th century lord, battling back hordes of chain-mail clad invaders riding on horseback, go pick this puppy up. In fact if you don't want to use a mourning star to bash in skulls after listening to this stuff, I would be surprised.

I'll be back in SLC in about six days. I never thought I'd miss 55 degree weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment