Monday, December 22, 2008

For the love of the game.

You know there are musicians out there who get paid loads of money. Butt-loads of money. Some may even say "Shloads." Some of them do it because they want to have said "shloads" of money but others do it because they love playing music. Playing in crap clubs with one or two people in the venue who aren't even listening to a note they are playing doesn't deter them because it is that momment that pushes them to create. It ain't the fame, the money or anything else that drives them it is their love instruments and the process of creation.

That's pretty much me, but substitute that music part with cool crap to do in a video game that makes people go "Did that shit just happen? Hell yeah!" Then insert a 1980's fist pump for good measure.

I feel pretty lucky that I have a job where one of my main goals is to have people say "That is pretty cool" after interacting with something I created. Even if it means I have to suffer with a lack of funds in the meantime. One day, when this all passes, and I can be a part of something that really hits a creative chord with gamers, I will look back on this and think it was all worth it. The stress. The agony. The patience. The drive. The hours. All worth it.

Until that day comes though, I will stay in the lab. Working on my many Frankensteins to unleash on the world.
From Blogger Pictures


1 comment: